Thursday, August 23, 2012

inspiration.

I didn't take these photos, these are some things that are inspiring me lately...
 
 
Last week I watched Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" . Twice. I'm in love with all the colors in this movie and all the bizarre concepts Burton comes up with!

photo credit
If there's anything I love more than cupcakes or pie.... it's cupcakes that LOOK like little pies! Awesome. (and a little bit '"Alice in Wonderland"-seeming, don't you think? ) I'm going to try this idea out. Maybe for the baby shower I'm hosting next week? We'll see...
photo credit
This tree swing makes me want to spend an afternoon daydreaming.  These days I've been feeling a little restless, creatively speaking.  Sometimes an afternoon spent out of the studio can be good for the soul. But seriously, who am I kidding? When I feel restless I usually just wind up re-organizing my kitchen cupboards at 2.a.m.!  What do you do when you're feeling restless and you need to get the creative juices flowing?

photo credit
This artist's loft.  I could totally imagine living in something like this one day!

photo creditas always, seaside sunsets and surfboards inspire me to keep my goal of finally learning to surf one day! haha 

I 've been loving the hot sunny weather we've been having here these days. But I can't say I'll be too disappointed when we get the first cool drizzle of rain either, I've been craving an evening to stay inside and wear cozy pajamas, eat crepes drizzled with butter and powdered sugar and listen to music while I stay up late working on a new painting project!

What's been inspiring you lately?
-J


 

No comments:

Post a Comment