Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rise and Shine!


Who wouldn't want to wake up to a view like this every morning? For a not-such-a-morning-person like me (haha) it would definitely encourage me to roll out of bed sooner and get out to enjoy the beauty of a fresh new day.

I admired this from the 3rd story window of the bedrrom of our hotel suite on the last morning of our honeymoon vacation in Cancun, Mexico.  My husband spotted it first (because he is one of those "morning people" haha)  and suggested I grab my camera while the sun was still twinkling on the horizon. I was thankful he did, because I think the photos came out brilliantly.

So whether you wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, or if you're like me and you stumble around with your eyes half-closed until you have some coffee in your guts,  here's a sunrise to get your day started.  Let it remind you that life is too short to let these fleeting moments of beauty slip by unnoticed. Stop for a second and be genuinely thankful that the sun rose on a new day, and then make it count!

And just to make you smile:
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "If you want to see bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, go find a squirrel!"

Sunrises and squirrels,
-J

1 comment:

  1. Whew, finally made it over to visit you!

    Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon, what a breathtaking sight - I never get over a beautiful sunrise or sunset.

    Catch up with you soon.

    Love,
    Barns

    ReplyDelete