Sunday, October 23, 2011

Project 38 - This One`s For You, Serena!

 

The Icelandic Horse
Now, some of you may hate me after I admit this, but truthfully, most horses don`t impress me. Don`t get me wrong, I have a healthy respect for this powerful animal. Oh who am I kidding, I`m downright terrified of them!
I WAS impressed with the Icelandic horses, however.
Short but sturdy, the Icelandic horse arrived in Iceland with the early Norse settlers, and the country`s breeding stock is pure. This gentle animal is put to work during the country`s fall sheep roundup. (Which, let me tell you, is quite a job considering the abundance of sheep in this country!)
MY favourite thing about these horses?  They POSED for me!  I have never had such willing participants, hahahaha! I stopped along the side of the road, and they came right over and posed while I snapped away. They totally made my day.
If you`re curious about the title of this post, my friend Serena loves horses, and since I couldn`t exactly bring one back for her, I thought I would dedicate a blog post to her.
 This one`s for you, Serena =)



No comments:

Post a Comment